August 21, 2010

Back in Bangkok and another video

I have tried to post several times over the last two days, but it has honestly been a very tiring and busy time for us in the midst of the joy and excitement. Yesterday, Anderson come "home" with us to stay for the first night after meetings in the morning and a trip to the zoo with the Holt social workers.  He had a difficult time going to sleep, and I was up for 20 hours straight. Then, we had to pack up everything and make it out the door at 6:30 a.m. with all of our stuff and 3 kids in tow to catch our flight back to Bangkok.

Let me say that my husband is my hero. He has been a champ on this trip, and there is no way I can describe how well we work together when things are busy and stressful. Anderson wanted me to hold him all morning, so Jeff did almost all of the re-packing by himself and got the big kids ready. We celebrate our 12th anniversary tomorrow, so I thought I would publicly brag on him in honor of our special day! I am truly thankful that gave him to me as my husband.

It is almost midnight here, and everyone is asleep, praise God. I am going to finish this post and try to get a few hours sleep before Anderson wakes up around 4:30 a.m. for his milk.  So, I will leave you with the video below (please excuse poor editing-lack of sleep is taking a toll) showing some highlights of the time we spent together over the past couple of days. Please keep praying for Anderson, for his health and his adjustment as  he continues to grieve his foster family while learning to trust us. He said "Mommy" to me for the first time today, and I thought my heart would leap out of my chest. Also pray for Alex and Aerin as they adjust to having a little brother. They have both been amazing in their own special ways -- Alex making Anderson laugh and doing "silly" talk to him at just the right time, Aerin hugging and wanting to hold Anderson and being mommy's helper by getting diapers, bottles, clothes, and anything else I ask her to bring me. I looked at all 3 of them asleep in the big bed tonight and stood there thanking God for the gift of my children. It is my prayer that they will see the love of Jesus in Jeff and me as our family continues to grow.



Grace, Peace, and Love from Bangkok in the Land of Smiles!
Casey 

No comments:

Post a Comment