February 24, 2010

You asked...continued

Honestly, I have been trying to decide which question to answer next in my "You Asked" series, because I have an entire list of ones we have been asked by many different people at different times over the last 3 years.

God has been speaking to me in so many ways over the past several months, showing me who He has called me to be and what His word says to all of us who call the name of Jesus. It leaves me with this question and statement: If I don't obey Him how can I call Him Lord? And if I am going to obey Him, I must continually look to His word to see His commands upon my life. So, when I saw this video, I decided it was going to be one of my answers, because it is filled with the words of Jesus. You can see below the video window for references to each scripture the speaker reads in the video if you want to look them up.



John 12:24-25 "I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life."

Proverbs 19:17 " He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done."

John 14:16-18 "And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."

John 20:19b-21 "Jesus came and stood among them and said, 'Peace be with you!' After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord. Again Jesus said, 'Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.'
---------------------------------------
Grace and Purpose to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment